Traveling can be a completely interesting affair especially if it is with family and friends. With the near and dear ones around, one has to hardly be worried about anything. What if someone is traveling alone and for the first time? There are few traveling tips for first time travelers to ensure that the trip turns out to be fun-tastic!
Expert Traveling Tips: For new ones
1. One will have to forget the comfort of home while traveling and hence one may come across not so suitable place, people and food.
2. Learning the basics of the local lingo can help build a trust with the people around and develop an association with them.
3. A traveler should avoid being judgmental and be open to learn new things. Do not go by the face value. Beauty can be deceptive.
4. Being travelers, one should never forget mannerisms and respect local customs of the particular region. This paves a way for the ‘welcoming attitude’ from the locales.
5. On the travel mode, one should definitely try all sorts of cuisine even those that are available on the roadside. Shedding discomfort can help one grow.
6. A traveler should carry a handbook or guide that helps in navigation and avoiding thugs in causing any danger. One should also carry essential accessories such as headphones, travel kits etc. with them in order to make the trip more comfortable.
7. If the aim is to learn about the place, one should use local food, local transport and local accommodation.
8. If a person is scared of doing something, that is the first thing to do so as to get rid of the fear. Hence a traveler should seek to do the things he might never have attempted.
9. Whether it is for short or long distance travel it is always good to carry minimal baggage as may be required. This will reduce the burden of luggage to be carried all along.
The best way to learn the art of traveling is to begin early. According to Saint Augustine, the great philosopher – the planet of Earth is a book and those people who do not travel end up reading a single page. Why would one want to miss out reading this extraordinary book?
There are all kinds of questions swimming around in your head when it comes to thinking about things to look for in a potential apartment. A lot of them are really important like, “How many of my vital organs will I have to sell per month in order to make rent on his apartment?” and “Does a rat trap come free with purchase, or will I need to pick up my own?” One of the most important aspects to consider, though, is not cost or cleanliness but location. Your apartment is going to be your new home, for however long or short you live there. You need it to suit your particular needs.
The Daily Commute
You may think your apartment locator has just found you the most absolutely perfect apartment. It’s just the right size, just the right shape, and chock full of all the amenities you can think of. The only snag is it’s an hour away from your job. But no problem, right? Wrong. Think about it. It’s 5am. You have to be at work by 7:30. You need to be up and at ’em five minutes ago if you’re going to be on time. The same thing will happen on your way home. It’s been a hard, long day. You’re going to hit that 5 o clock traffic. Suddenly that hour commute just became a 2 hour commute, and all you want is to go home. Your life is worth more than driving to and from work. It is not the perfect apartment.
Consider only apartments with driving distances that give your gas budget (not to mention your snooze button) a break or apartments that are near public transportation hubs. That way, you won’t have to worry about traffic jams or clear thinking. Make yourself a cup of coffee, grab your briefcase, and let somebody else do the work to get you to work.
It doesn’t matter how cute it is or even if it is so close that it is literally on top of your place of work. If you feel the need to carry pepper spray with you on the way to the bathroom, there is a problem. It is not the perfect apartment. Your home is your safe place. Make sure it is, indeed, a safe place. Choose a neighborhood, like the deep ellum apartments, that you would feel secure walking around in during early evening hours.
Introverts and extroverts alike need to think about this one. Extroverts, do not end up in a cutsie apartment that is years away from the nearest club or strip mall. You will regret it every Saturday night when you have to pack snacks in the glove compartment and drive an extra forty-five minutes just to go out for dinner. Introverts, don’t get stuck living in an apartment complex in the loud, trendy part of town. You will regret it every time you hear the cackle of a twenty-something who’s had too much to drink or the party wagon pulling down the street. It isn’t your scene. Don’t even try it.
The trick is devising a strategic plan and sticking to it. Set your parameters for where you want to live and only look in those places. “Oh this one’s only ten miles outside my circle!” Stop it. Let not thyself be tempted. Your future sleeping self will thank you for that extra half hour every morning. Stick to your circle. It will save you time and energy, both now and later.
A convertible car seat, as the name suggests, is a car seat which can be used as a forward-facing seat as well as a rear-facing seat, one at a time. The same seat can be converted and used interchangeably. It is highly recommended and is the first choice for smart buyers who wish to purchase only a single car seat which can be used throughout the baby’s childhood. Although a bit costlier than other car seats, you can even skip purchasing the infant seat as the convertible car seat can be used right from the beginning. After having answered what is a convertible car seat, we now move on to some recommendations and the top models of car seats for your children.
Recommended seating standards for car seats recommend rear facing position of your child until the child reaches the age of 2-3 years or until the child crosses the rear-facing height and weight limits mentioned by the convertible car seat model. Henceforth, the seat can be converted to a forward-facing position and should be used until the child meets the forward-facing height and weight limits. If you have multiple children, the same car seat can be re-used for your second child.
Here, we recommend some of the best convertible car seats which can be used for your children:
Britax Roundabout G4
This convertible car seat will fit an average sized newborn baby. Just like all the G4 models, it comes with an infant insert facility which allows it to be used right from the beginning. Due to its compact size, it can be easily adjusted even in small sized vehicles. Its features mention it to be used for 5-40 lbs when rear-facing and 20-55 lbs when forward facing. It comes with 4 sets of harness slots and two buckle positions. It comes with push-on LATCH connectors which makes it easy for installation in your vehicle. The car seat is made up of energy-absorbing EPP foam which ensures proper safety and comfort for your child whether facing rear or forward. The anti-slip base of the seat makes use of the SafeCell technology to avoid slipping of the convertible car seat.
Evenflo Symphony DLX
This convertible car seat is a 3-in-1 car seat which solves the purpose of a rear-facing, forward facing and a booster. The recommended ratings for this car seat are 5-40 lbs for rear facing and 22-65 lbs for forward-facing. It comes with a 5-point harness system and includes a booster from 40-100 lbs. The unique feature about this car seat is its self-ratcheting “SureLATCH” connectors with built-in retractors which automatically adjust and tighten when the baby is placed on the seat. The seat is made up of E3 foam which provides enhanced protection and extra comfort. Read the car seat manual carefully before installation of your convertible car seat.
Diono Radian RXT
If you have a small vehicle and are looking for a compact seat which can fit well inside your vehicle, this is the best convertible car seat for your child. The Radian RXT model has the same weight ratings as that of Radian R120 model with 5-45 lbs for rear-facing and 20-80 lbs for forward-facing but the Radian RXT provides improvised SIP (side-impact protection) due its deep and adjustable head wings. EPS foam seats, 5-point harness system and tall top harness slots make it the most preferred convertible car seat. Overall it is a top rated convertible car seat with maximum features of all its other models.
Baby monitors are manufactured and marketed by various companies like Samsung, Motorola, Summer Infant, Angelcare etc in the US. No baby monitor can be termed as a perfect one but the best baby monitor for you depends only upon your requirements and about all the features it incorporates. The more the number of features, the costlier it becomes. However, the basic feature of monitoring the movements of your baby is provided by all the video baby monitors available.
Baby monitors can be classified into audio and video baby monitors. As the name suggests, Audio baby monitors are used to monitor the sounds uttered by your baby that can be heard by the care taker sitting at a different place. It uses the basic principle of radio waves transmission and consists of a similar setup used in transmitting and receiving radio waves. Audio baby monitors were used earlier and were cheaper as compared to the video baby monitors. Nowadays, audio monitors come along with other features such as motion sensors, video feature, temperature sensors etc.
Here we will discuss about the baby monitor reviews for the various models available in the market along with the features they offer:
1. The Motorola MBP33 Wireless Video Baby Monitor: This is one of the best baby monitor and my personal favorite choice available in the market. Expensive but comes with almost all the features which can be incorporated in a single device. The video quality of the baby monitor is the best during the day as well as during the night due to the infrared night vision camera and a 2.8 inch color LCD display. The Motorola MBP33 can be used for up to 3 additional cameras along with the remote zoom in facility. Another ideal feature this model is the temperature sensor which allows you to view the baby’s room temperature and accordingly adjust it to make her feel more comfortable. The baby monitor runs on a Wi-Fi connection and the battery life is limited so you might have to charge it frequently in order to use it for long hours.
2. Summer Infant Baby Touch Digital Color Video Monitor: It comes with a 3.5 inch colored video display and a range of up to 400 feet between the transmitter and the receiver units. It can also be connected up to 3 additional cameras; the cameras can however be adjusted remotely and can be tilted up and down, left and right. This ability of remotely adjusting cameras is very helpful to check other activities and movements inside the baby’s room.
The displaying units of this baby monitor works just like a smartphone as it has a touch screen feature. It also allows you to talk back to your child which gives the child a sense of “not being alone” inside the room. Due to all these advanced features, this baby monitor is unsurprisingly more expensive than its other counterparts.
3. Samsung SEW 3036WN Wireless Video Baby Monitor: This baby monitor again comes with a 3.5 inch color LCD display along with Zoom and Infrared Night Vision Camera Features. Its ability to connect with multiple cameras and an excellent range of about 800 feet makes it more desirable than any other video baby monitors. The only thing missing in this baby monitor is the temperature sensor. However the absence of a temperature sensor also makes it cheaper to its other counterparts that have this facility.